What to Bring
We at Camp Mad Marlin realise that preparation and packing for an over-the-border-vacation can be daunting leaving one feel ill prepared and, at times, clueless. So here is a list of few items we highly recommend that you DO NOT FORGET to bring with you:
- Any and all specialized medications (chronic medications). Do not forget to notify your life-insurance and vehicle insurance companies that you will be travelling to Mozambique and to clarify whether your insurance / medical aid (health insurance) includes additional services such as expatriation and airlifting to specialized medical facilities
- Valid passport, unabridged certificate (if travelling with children under 18)
- Vehicle registration papers (if travelling by road)
- 3rd Party Insurance
- Valid driver’s license
- Meat products (fish and chicken is available at the island markets)
- Bath and Swimming Towels
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen Lotion & after-sun lotion
- Wifi is available at Camp Mad Marlin as well as DSTV Satellite. Cellular signal and reception is very good so telephonic communications are excellent.
- All Cutlery and crockery is readily available at the camp.
- All Linens are supplied by the camp
- Wood, Charcoal & Firelighters are available to purchase at the camp
- Ice is available to purchase at the camp
- Vegetables, fruits and basic groceries are available at the local market
- Majority of soft drinks and alcoholic drinks are available on the island, including MOST International alcholic brands and beverages
- Clean water is available for consumption at the camp
- Dish washing liquid and toilet paper are included in accommodation prices
- Fridges and freezers are available to you as a guest to keep your food from spoiling during your stay
- There is one ATM on the island and all major credit/debit cards are accepted by restaurants.
- NB. NO FIREARMS are permitted - cash safe available to securely store your valuables
|Back||Back to top|